As promised, I am back to give some tips and some cool sites for My Space. My Space was where I first got my feet wet as far as sites you participate in or make a profile. What is very neat, is that while going over these sites getting this post together I have found that most either work here in Blogger or have a code that works on just about any site....bonus! There is no way to cover everything or every site, there is an endless amount of site, don't believe me, go Google "My Space Layouts".....and see how many come up. As with anything some site are better than other, here are a few of my favorites.......
Layouts & Graphic Sites~
First thing you need is a layout and some graphics......I have found that 90% of the site that have graphic also have layouts. Here are some that have good choices, I have not had issues with pop up adds trying to take over my computer and the codes are spot on.
Pyzam was the first place I got my 1st graphic, which to me was a huge deal then. I found the graphic I liked, copied the code, went and pasted it to my profile and held my breathe while I waited to see if all those letters, numbers and symbols that looked like a toddler had banged on the keyboard, would turn into a picture, and like Magic, or coding, it did. It is a solid site for Mom's to find all kids of " I love my kids" or anything else you can think one would love and some you wouldn't think of. Show pride for your family, pet, Nationality, you name it. It has several features, you can find anything from layout, some of the better ones in my opinion~ endless layouts.
. Pyzam also has
- slide shows
- flash toys
- funny pictures
- holiday themes and different stuff at different times of the year.
Here are a few more in no particular order
- http://www.myhotcomments.com/ My Hot Comments
- http://www.girlossary.com/ Girlossary~ great site for all things girly
- http://www.peachyprofiles.com/ This one is also on the girly side, has cute Mommy to be layouts and graphics for a baby to be born in any month
- http://www.butterfunk.com/ Butterfunk is fun, just like its name, it also has a steamier group of pictures if you are looking for something a little sexy. I love to go there because I like there day of the week graphics
- http://www.webfetti.com/home.jhtml Webfetti is you one stop shop for generators and other cool text makers and such. It is how I made graphic at top of post.
One of the most fun things about having a page on My Space is showing off your photos. I love to make slide shows with my photos and the best place I have found is Slide!
Slide is a great site anyone who loves pictures or creating new ways to show your photos. Us moms love to brag and take pictures, here you can do all sorts of fun stuff with your pictures. I have made slide shows & posters with animation. They offer just about any theme you could imagine for slide show, from old Polaroids dropping like they are being looked at, to a stage for you pictures (complete with stage curtains) to having them puzzled and unpuzzled as they move from picture to picture. I love to use them to make slide show of my new handmade products that I am getting ready to upload to my store to let my local and online my space friends see it and get some feedback, plus it is just fun to play. When you are done it will give you the code for My Space or just about any other site. I have put it on countless sites. There are a lot of cool features.
And I found out while getting this post together, which is great for moms and business women (men too)....Slide offers Image Hosting No Limit...free image hosting for your profile picture! neat, always looking for good image host!
As you can see you can do all kinds of things, even add music to your slide shows, which I disabled so that it would not play on every post looked at.
Your choices for putting music on your profile are endless, like everything else.
My favorite is My Playlist for these reasons......they have a huge selection of songs, playlist hold 200 songs, you can make more than one playlist, and they have a code for just about any site or page you would want to add music to.
They also have video play list you can make and put on your site.Tips~
- When looking for a layout and/or graphics, pick one and go back later or take it from me you will be sitting there with your eyes glazed over hitting the next page button a zillion times looking at theme after theme- same goes with comments. Pick them & put them up, that are not Tattoos, you can easily remove them.
- If you are not looking to be bombarded by people looking to meet single people or dates, either set your page to private or make sure you mark the "Married" or "In a relationship" button so that people know. I did that and my girlfriend did not and she had over 100 friend request in one day ~ all by guys.
- If you do not want to get a ton of e-mails go under notifications and deselect all options that e-mail you any time someone contacts you and so on, at first it was okay, until I got more involved, then I had a over 60 in a day, just a pain to delete.
- What I suggest is setting up an e-mail for different things you have to sign up for, such as My Space, Slide, My Playlist......and that way after you get your first e-mail to activate you can pretty much only check it once in a while. Then when it gets so many that it is unmanagable you can always start another one. It is a mistake to give your primary e-mail address to all these sites to send you all kinds of stuff making it where you might over look an important e-mail.
Most of all ENJOY, it is supposed to be fun, not stressful. Once you get the hang of it, it is like riding a bike- the example always given for something that will eventually come second nature. Hope you find some of these sites useful. Many of these sites were my answer on many days to the question "Where is Mommy?"